Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA) is one of the most sensitive analytical techniques used for qualitative and quantitative multi-element analysis of major, minor and trace elements in samples from almost every conceivable field of scientific or technical interest. For many elements NAA offers sensitivities that are superior to those possible by any other technique. Moreover, the accuracy and precision of the technique are such that NAA is still one of the primary anaytical methods used by the National Institute of Standards and Technology to certify the concentration of elements in Standard Reference Materials.The applications for NAA are practically limitless for solid, liquid, or gaseous samples. Recent applications include:
- Environmental studies to characterize pollutants and determine their source and methods of reduction.
- Semiconductor materials analysis to measure ultra trace-element impurities and to determine methods for reducing or eliminating impurities from final products.
- Pharmaceutical materials analysis to measure ultra trace-element impurities and to determine methods for reducing or eliminating impurities from final products.
- Forensic studies as a non-destructive method to analyze evidence as an aid in the investigation and prosecution of criminal cases.
- Archaeological studies to fingerprint artifacts and determine the place of origin as a way to understand the activities of humans in the past.
- Nutritional epidemiological studies to investigate the contribution of diet, occupation, and lifestyle on chronic diseases.
Contact us today to learn more.